February 11, 2015
Wondrous Covers Wednesday (#22)
Wondrous Covers Wednesday is a weekly feature where I showcase three covers generally revolving around a theme. To view past Wondrous Covers Wednesdays, you can go here.
For this Wondrous Covers Wednesday, I decided to focus on sunrises/sunsets because come on, they’re both super pretty!
1. Given what I know of the summary, a girl finds out her mother has cancer and her grandmother’s death may have also been cancer related, I love the title. This just sounds like a really moving book based on that.
2. The sunset sort of a scene in the movie A Walk To Remember. I love how it’s tones are all reds and oranges and yellows.
3. The girl looks like she’s saying goodbye or possibly thinking about someone.
1. This is another really sweet contemporary romance cover. It looks like it’s about more than that, like, while the two characters may end up in a relationship, there’s going to be a bit of connecting and soul searching first.
2. I love the font color, it looks like there’s almost a slight highlight/glow behind the letters.
3. I don’t really like the placement of the author’s name. It gets sort of lost in the background and it’s hard to see.
4. The dark green at the top is really interesting. Maybe it symbolizes the tragedy that’s happened?
1. The font style for this is really interesting and different. I like how “The”, “light” and “of” is sort of done in cursive. It definitely takes the focus for the cover.
2. All of the colors are blended together well.
3. I like the little shards of brightness coming out from the title around “light of”.
4. I really picked this one because it has my name in it. 😉 Just kidding.
I almost didn’t add this one because it didn’t give off the same “vibe” as the others, but then I decided against that initial thinking because it fits in perfectly.
1. I just love the dark blue font used for the title. It goes so well with the sunset background.I love the little designs around it as well.
2. I’m always super excited to see silhouettes on covers and these two look intriguing to me.
I love how different all of these plots are but how they all have a sunrise/set cover.
That’s it for this week. Let me know your thoughts on these covers or any other sunrise/sunset covers that you love. 🙂 And if you’ve read any of these, tell me how you like them! 🙂