Wondrous Covers Wednesday is a weekly feature at YA Indulgences where I showcase three (or more) amazing (mostly) YA book covers.
A picture is worth a thousand words or in this case, several pictures are worth thousands of words. For this week’s Wondrous Covers Wednesday, I decided to share book covers that all feature collages.
99 Days by Katie Cotugno
This is such a cute romance cover. I like how simple it is.
I love how all of these shots feature parts from the other pictures. Some of them overlap, but others are slightly different. I like how it’s multiple pictures of the same scene.
Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras
1. This one makes it kind of hard to tell what the pictures are of, with a few exceptions.
2. I love how it’s mostly black and white but then has an overlay of different colors in some pictures.
3. I thought it was really creative how each of the pictures contains a letter of the title.
Love Tanya by Tanya Burr
1. This one seems a bit too close to the If I Stay movie tie-in cover. I mean, especially with Tanya’s face, so I’m not crazy about that.
2. I do like how girly it looks though with the pink text background, cupcakes (they’re pink) and various pictures of Tanya.
If I Stay (#1) by Gayle Forman
1. When I read If I Stay, it was the Speak paperback edition. I have to say I really love the UK cover a lot more though, which is interesting since I’m not generally a fan of movie tie-in editions.
2. I love all the different pictures from scenes in the If I Stay movie.
3. I like how muted the entire cover is. All of the colors are toned down and neutral.
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
1. I like how this one goes along with the movie cover of If I Stay. The cover really makes me more interested in this book.
2. I love how the pictures are made up of actual pictures than just squares and how the edges are burnt/torn/distressed on some of them and aren’t completely lined up.
These Days Are Ours by Michelle Haimoff
1. I like how the pictures are all different sizes and aren’t completely in a grid format.
2. I love the bright coloring of the font and the bright/happy images.
Obviously If I Stay was the inspiration behind the majority of these covers. I can’t say I’m complaining though, I love the concept. 🙂 I hope it continues.