This month has really been something…Let’s just say it’s been pretty draining to sum it up. Something came up and it’s just like, the worst thing ever. No worries though, no one died and no one is sick or injured in any way. It’s just a really, really inconvenient thing right now.
Other than that, life’s been pretty much the same as it always is. I need to find something to do during the day, I think this every month though. Hmm, I’ll go into this in another post (I know, I say that all the time, ha).
Anyway, I finished buying clothes and shoes for BEA. And it only took buying…three pairs to get it right!
Yeah. I’m a bit ridiculous. You try to find a size 2 and a half in children’s only to discover you can also fit SOME 3s, but mistakingly think you can fit ALL the threes only to find out you CAN’T.
Anyway, I found shoes.
I bought my BEA pass and my BookCon ticket and my business cards and almost everything I need.
Except for like, a portable charger and oh yeah, my train ticket! I’ll be buying those this week. BEA will be really…interesting this year. Let’s just say some plans have sort of changed.
WordPress Followers: 207
BlogLovin’ Followers: 144
# of Views/Visitors: 2,883 / 2,140
# of Blog Posts: 12
# of Reviews: 3
# of Likes: 53
# of Comments: 50
Most Viewed Post: Buying & Selling ARCs: Is It Ever Justifiable? (249 views)
Most Viewed Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman (615 views)
So, my ARCs post made a big reappearance last month. That was quite fun. And interesting. . .
# of Books Read:
# of Books Started:
# of Books Bought:
# of Books For Review:
VIA HarperCollins from Edelweiss
VIA Simon & Schuster from Edelweiss
VIA St. Martin’s from Netgalley, for blog tour.
VIA Swoon Reads from Netgalley, thanks to SST.
~What I Posted~
I liked my review for Kill The Boy Band a lot. It has a lot of gifs.
I participated in the #YAAuthorAsk Twitter chat with Laurie E. Flynn and Mia Siegert. And I won a bracelet. Which I am still waiting for, but no rush! (I just hope it gets here safely).
I DISCOVERED THE WONDERFUL R&B STYLINGS OF MYA WHOM I NOW ADORE. Seriously, my heart went boom.
Oh, speaking of R&B, Meghan Tranior came out with this song No which is like TLC’s Scrubs and all those other similar songs. I kind of love it, though it’d been done before.
I discovered a treasure trove of unreleased Kelly Clarkson music and I just adore it.
Speaking of unreleased treasure troves, have a Jojo song:
Numbers reminds me of Beyonce’s Irreplaceable like a ridiculous amount. Apparently they were recorded two years apart.
Deep End by Birdy is my song.
Albums I Listened To This Past Month:
- Tegan and Sara Heartthrob
- This song contains Why Don’t You Want Me? which is on The Duff soundtrack and I love it. I’ve been a previous fan of Tegan and Sara, but I never gave this album a listen before. Let me just say, I adored it.
- Shinedown Threat of Survival
- I listened to this album for like the second time all the way through. I like how “uplifting” it is despite having a harsher-ish sign. I will say that I preferred Amarayllis, their previous album, and then even the albums before that one. But this one is still good, when I’m in the mood for it.
- Breaking Benjamin Dark Before Dawn
- Yep, this album has made another appearance this month. It’s just so uplifting and I love it a ton. Also, I discovered they shall be in my sad state twice next month, I believe, but still not in my current city, so, I’m sad about that. Very sad.
- Coheed and Cambria The Color Before The Sun
- I finally gave this album a listen after just wanting to hear some new music. This is the band’s first non concept album, but I still see a running theme running throughout the album, which is about growing up and becoming a man. Despite (probably) not being a man, I related to it a lot and I loved it! This was my first time listening to this band.
Unfortunately, this is not the Breathe In. Breathe Out. of ’16 and I’m just a bit disappointed with that. There are a few songs that I’m just meh about and actually questioning. But there are still a few high points. I love Me Without You, Used To Love You and Truth.
~Album(s) I Wish Had Gotten More Love~
I did love what I’ve heard of both of these album, but I haven’t listened to them as much as I wanted. I just finished listening to Birdy’s album, it’s very ballad heavy which I adore so much. My favorite songs were Keeping Your Head Up, Deep End, Wild Horses and Beautiful Lies. Now to listen to Aurora’s album..
~Songs That Represented My Month~
Sick of It All by Finger Eleven
MTV thought the Carly Rae Jepsen #RunAwayWithMeme vine was going too far, but I I think that’s just a very delusional and silly thought.
On the other hand, Buzzfeed acknowledged this greatness as the amazing thing that it is.
~What I’ve Been Watching~
- I watched the season 2 finale of Girl Meets World and I am really scared of what’s going to come.
- watched the movie Heathers solely so I could use it in my review for Kill The Boy Band. I loved it.
- I lived through the Pretty Little Liars season 6 finale! After realizing it was the finale only a week before watching, ha.
- I’ve watched two episodes of How To Get Away With Murder since it came back and it sounds interesting.
- I also lived through this past week’s episode of The 100!
- I watched a bit more of Grey’s Anatomy. I finished season 6 and watched a bit of season 7 which I like a lot more. And then i stopped because I couldn’t watch it anymore because there’s nowhere in the house to watch it quietly. 😦 Plus my Netflix ran out…
So, how has your month been? Has anything exciting happened? Did you listen to any music? Is there any music you’re excited for? Have you seen any of the shows I’ve seen? Did you read any awesome books?