Well, I have somehow been able to make it to the third year. I think this is the part where I’m supposed to feel like, accomplished and “together”. I don’t really feel like either, but I still felt like a little post was necessary and fun.
How do you sum of three years? 1096 days?, some better than others. You do it in list form, of course. Let’s look at some stats, yes?
- I have read a (low-ish) total of 108 books.
- I’ve posted 473 (now 474!) times.
- I’ve had 75,770 non-unique views.
- I’ve had 55,796 non-unique visitors.
- I have roughly 270 followers on WordPress.
- My most viewed book review is still To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han with the non-unique view count of 12,657.
- I’ve posted 63 reviews.
- I’ve shared 23 discussions for Amber’s Rambles
- I have created nine features (Looking Forward To, Featured Fairytale Friday (now in purgatory, Musical Monday, Wondrous Covers Wednesday, Amber’s Rambles, One Day More, More Than This Provincial Life, Bookish Lists and First Watch).
- I have done one cover reveal solo (Nowhere Near You!) and one cover reveal in part (Game On).
- I’ve taken two hiatuses, one in 2015 and one in 2016.
- I’ve received physical ARCs from St. Martin’s (the first publisher!), Bloomsbury (The second!) and finally Simon & Schuster!
- I’ve received e-ARCs from Dundurn, HarperCollins,, Scholastic,, Simon & Schuster, Chronicle Books, and St. Martin’s!
- I’ve participated in thirteen blog tours.
- I have had fifteen authors on my blog included but not limited to: Kody Keplinger, Corey Ann Haydu, LEAH THOMAS, and Tamara Ireland Stone.
- I have attended BEA of 2016 and ALA (Annual Conference) of 2017, both in Chicago.
- I have met 32 authors.
- Who I Met At BEA – Erica Chapman, David Levithan, Jennifer Niven, Adam Silvera, Stacey Kade, Aaron Starmer, Billy Taylor, David Arnold and Sara Shepard!)
- Who I Met At ALA – Sandhya Menon, Christa Desir, Hena Khan, Eric Smith, Courtney Stevens, Adi Alsaid, Kate Watson, Jason Reynolds, Nic Stone, Brandy Colbert, Angie Thomas, Emery Lord, Samira Ahmed, Gregory Scott Katsoulis, Jen Lancaster, Anna-Marie McLemore, Mitali Perkins, Maureen Goo, Stacey Lee, Jessica Pennington,Duncan Tonatiuh, Sheela Chari, and F.C. Yee!
It’s been a good three years and I made it through despite a lot of stuff going on both online and in real life. I’m happy I’m still here and that I’ve met a lot of bookish people. I love that I’ve had the blessing to go to two book conferences in a row and that I’ve met so many amazing authors. I hope to have many more blogoversaries despite the hard times and obstacles. Thank you to publishers, authors, friends and readers.