Hi! I’m so excited to participate in the Love-a-Thon this year! The Love-a-Thon is hosted by Alexa, Cee, Hazel and Mel and runs until February 22nd, 12AM EST. Here’s my introduction post so you can learn a little more about me. 🙂
1. What’s your name?
Amber, Amver, Berber, or Burr, sir.
Have your pick.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I am unfortunately blogging from Kansas.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Well, I’d had blogs in the past for a couple years before starting this one, so. . . As for my book blog, I discovered book giveaways, then I stalked book blogs, researched book blogs, and finally started my book blog!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I made a list and it came down to either “YA Indulgences” and something else that I can’t remember since I lost my list. 😦 YA Indulgences sounded best though so I stuck with it.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I read and review mostly Contemporary!
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I have the rare discussion post feature, a mostly weekly feature called Wondrous Covers Wednesday, I do posts involving music and I have a feature where I talk about things I’m currently into that aren’t bookish.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I’ve really loved just meeting people!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The originality and complete openess that some people have is so great.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Besides every book in existence?
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
It does a great job at portraying bullying and pushing through that and there’s a really interesting wondering throughout the book
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Well, I would like to be friends with Bianca, Whitley or Mercedes from these books respectively:
They’re all kind of sarcastic characters and have a lot going on in their lives and I can relate to that so there we go.
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
I like Josh from I’ll Meet You There.
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
Cinder from Cinder
Sky from I’ll Meet You There
That’s about it, I have no idea who I’d recruit for an apocalypse squad really.
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I like listening to Hamilton, reading about Hamilton, quoting Hamilton, telling people about Hamilton, dreaming about Hamilton and crying about Hamilton…
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
And mugs, totes, Funko Pops, cds, dvds and gift cards.
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Just kidding. My song, what is my song? Hmm.
Wait! Got it!
Edit: And this as well:
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
The musical adaptation of Hamilton made into a movie or the actual musical form turned into a book.
I’d like Gilmore Girls turned into a book.
I’d like The Walled City by Ryan Graudin turned into a movie.
19. What would your dream library look like?
It has a bay window where I can read, comfortable chairs, it’s very big, it has a lot of natural light and huge windows. It’s on the second floor of a home and it’s probably inside a castle. 😉
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Oh my gosh, I was talking about Paula Stokes earlier today, so she’d be really fun to meet! I’d also like to meet Heidi Heilig and Mia Siegert from seeing their tweets!
That was fun. And a bonus part, here are various things I like:
- Sailor Moon (Dic anime is my favorite)
- Veronica Mars (Though I haven’t watched the last four episodes)
- Boy Meets World (And I like Girl Meets World)
- Netflix (I need something to binge on)
- Music (Carly Rae Jepsen and Hilary Duff are two of my faves. I’m very into pop and alternative and rock and then like, 50s-60s pop)
- Coffee (With creamer)
- Tea (Passion and Chai are my favorites)
- Books (Of course)
- Hamilton (big surprise. I also like other musicals)
If you too like any of these things, hit me up on Twitter or in the comments and we shall converse.